Pet Spay and Neuter in Medina, OH
Spay and Neuter for Dogs & Cats in Medina, OH
A part of you may think a spay and neuter surgery sounds cruel, but in fact, it does your pet (and you!) a world of good. The medical benefits of spaying and neutering can actually extend your pet’s life. Furthermore, behavioral changes that result from these surgeries can make your life a little easier, too.
First, let’s look at the medical benefits of a spay and neuter surgery. Your pet can dodge some serious, often fatal diseases with the procedure, allowing them to lead a longer life with you.
- Have a reduced risk of testicular cancer
- Are less likely to suffer from prostate problems
- Benefit from a reduced rate of perianal tumors
- Experience a significant reduction in the risk of breast cancer
- Are free from the risks of uterine infections and cancer
As an owner, you can experience a calmer, less distracted pet who makes for a more faithful companion.
- Dogs will no longer experience bleeding during their heat cycles
- Cats are also relieved of the frantic irritation of a heat cycle
- Are less likely to roam to find a mate
- Are less aggressive
- Have a decreased urge to roam to find a mate
- Are less inclined to mark territory with urine or mount objects or others
When to Perform the Surgery
Typically, the veterinary community recommends spaying and neutering your pet at around 6 months of age. However, there are a number of dependent factors to consider – such as breed, size, and the health of your pet. Please make an appointment so your vet can discuss what the best approach is for your pet.
Think of any questions while reading. Don’t be shy—give us a call at (330) 239-1271 or stop in today!